Monday, July 19, 2010

Updates

Gosh I haven't posted in awhile. Let's see if I can remember what we've been doing.

Saw Toy Story 3 in 3D the day it was released. I wasn't going to take the boys on opening day but they really really wanted to so we did. The boys had a blast and still talk about it over a month later.

I've made Thursdays fun day. Basically I give the boys three choices of something fun to do and they pick and we do it. We've been bowling, the South Davis Recreation Pool, ice skating, Boondocks, and a $1 movie. Hopefully we can find a way to give Lagoon a try but if not I have some other ideas of places to go.

We are set for school to begin August 24th. Noah and Zach can not wait to start doing school like Nathan. I think we have everything we need as far as curriculum but still need a few supplies. Noah and Zachary are working on the Iowa Tests right now so I have a base line as to where they need to be focused on and Nathan starts the Iowa Tests later this week. It's not an official test as we are using the practice tests for testing but hopefully it will show how well they have been learning.

We had a lost dog wonder into our yard and it appears we are keeping him. No one has claimed him and the kids love him. Don't tell anyone! Sadly we lost one of our cats. She was a cat we rescued from an abusive situation about 6 years ago. She had been losing weight and we took her to the vet and it turned out she had several teeth infected. We had surgery done to remove them and she seemed to be doing well yet three days later she died. She was a beautiful cat although very distrusting of anyone but Don. She is greatly missed in our house.

We also went to the totally lame Clearfield City parade again. I have pictures but since it was all advertising and almost nothing else I won't bore you with the pictures. I think it has to be one of the least patriotic parades in the USA.

No comments: