Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Thanksgiving Day 1k Run for Kids






We've been doing this now for 3 or 4 years, sorry Mary I can't remember. The first year I thought this is kinda dumb but my kids LOVE this. And to be honest I do too. What a great way to exercise right before a calorie laden meal! Around August my kids started "training" cause they wanted to do better than they ever have. And poor little Zach really wanted to come in first in our family. This poor kid is the slowest mover around so I didn't hold out much hope for him. Imagine my surprise when he not only was the first one of the boys to come around the building but the first in his age bracket. He did so good and was so very proud of himself. Sadly I only have pictures of Zachary and Nathan cause my batteries died in my camera right as Noah came around. If you haven't given this race a try you really should. The South Davis Recreation Center does a wonderful job of putting this event on. Btw it was barely above zero at the time of this race. I can't help but think they reason for the fast finishes by all three boys was because it was so darn cold outside.

1 comment:

Chantel said...

I saw the race advertised in the paper and we thought about coming but we didn't make it. We'll have to come do it next year. It looks like fun!!!