Sunday, September 18, 2011

What a wild two week!

Since starting school about one month ago we've had a wild ride. Stomach flu that took almost 2 weeks to recover from as everyone didn't get it at the same time and it was spread out over a two week period. And then the worst thing to happen if you home educate (someone told me this should be the new term for homeschooling) losing the pricey and most important curriculum you own.  Yes not only did one computer bite the dust but the second back up computer. My life was shattered. I can not believe how much computers play a role in my life. We took them to the computer repair store hoping and praying that they could be fixed while also contacting a few curriculum sites asking if they could replace or deeply discount a replacement for me. Lucky for me they all came through but even more lucky, while the computers were dead, the repair store was able to get all the pictures (which of course I hadn't backed up) and files. I ended up buying a used and repaired computer from the repair shop. Great deal from them and I was happy. However as my husband pointed out going back to only two computers (guess Noah's random bid on a laptop last spring helped us somewhat) was hard. So off we went looking for a brand new computer. I had my mind set on a certain computer at the Bx on base that was about $300. But I guess it wasn't meant to be as that is not what we bought. After being convinced by several costumers and sales clerks we walked out of the BX with a brand new Mac. I have to say I'm in love with this machine. So so easy compared to the pc. And once I figure out all the ins and outs  I'll probably be even more in love. Now I all I need to do is get caught up on my food blog and this blog.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Have fun with your new computer! No more stomach bugs for you guys!