Monday, June 20, 2011

Geography Find #2, Math Find #1 and Logic Find #1



It's a game titled Ticket to Ride and again it's not just something for homeschoolers. The recommended ages are 8 to adult BUT my 8 and 6 year old's love the game. We just change the rules a bit for the younger ones but even they are starting to play like the adults. The one we have has a map of the USA and Canada with major cities randomly selected. Geography ties in because you have to find your cities and then you learn the names of the cities in between. Logic ties in because you have to think and plot your moves. Math ties in because you have to count many times in the game. Read this review on the game and you'll see just how much fun it can add to a school day or family game night.

2 comments:

Megan said...

That looks fun, too! I ended up ordering some of those Geopuzzles and should get them from Amazon today or tomorrow! I am anxious to see them! Sorry I didn't come over last week to look at your books. I came down with a cold, as did two of my other kids and I forgot. Sorry about that!

Lynette said...

I've heard a lot about this game! I am always looking for more challenging, but fun games to play with my kids. Chutes and Ladders gets really old. :) :)