Monday, April 9, 2012

Day 1 of our vacation

 The yummiest lunch break. It's in Fillmore Utah and the food there is really really good.
 View of Vegas from our balcony in Embassy Suites.
 Nighttime view.
 One of two double beds. My one complaint is I wish the beds they had were queen but I'll take the two doubles over Circus Circus anyday.
 The couches in the front room were outdated compared to the rest of the room but I still loved the fact I had a couch to sit on.
 The fridge, microwave, and bar area.
 The bath tub and shower.
 The bedroom across from the beds.
 Sink area in the bathroom.
We left Saturday March 1st on vacation. We were headed to San Diego. However our first stop was Las Vegas. Last time we stopped in Vegas with the kids we stayed at Circus Circus and I was freaked out the entire time. Our room was down right gross and I didn't feel safe at all. Factor in 4 stops in the middle of the night by police either chasing people outside our window or such I you get the picture. So this time I researched the crap out of hotels in Vegas. I settled on Embassy Suites off the strip near the convention center. Let me just tell you it was the BEST decision ever. The place was gorgeous and SMOKE FREE. Did you catch that last thing? Smoke free in Vegas. My lungs are still thanking me for it. The room was nice and roomy. There was no funky smell like Circus Circus and I didn't fear for my life once in the middle of the night. Some added bonuses were a manager's reception in the evening with free drinks (soda, beer, or wine) and chips and salsa. Also a full breakfast that was mighty tasty. And a pool and hot tub. I could have spent my whole vacation there.

1 comment:

rashelle said...

thanks for the hotel review. last time we went to vegas we stayed off the strip also in i think the marriott. it was nice but no free breakfast or anything else. and i think the pool wasn't working. nice to find smoke free hotels also.