I can't believe I am going to do this on my blog but the way everyone talks about the horrors of the political scene these days I have a small desire to talk about this. Hopefully I won't get too many hate comments or lose any friends. So here goes:
1. Love the fact that the democrats are no longer in control of all branches. I, personally, feel the country runs better with a democrat president and republican control of the senate and democrat control of the house. To me this is a perfect balance of powers. Some don't agree and that's fine.
2. No I don't think Obama is doing a great job. Am I disappointed I voted for him? No I am not. I loved McCain and McCain had my vote up until two things happened. One he completely changed his views and two he picked Palin as a running mate. I honestly think he could have overcome the first thing if he had picked someone else.
3. Jason Chaffetz of Utah. I like him sometimes and other times I find him just as bad as other politicians. I find his stance against the airport scanners sort of funny. This was put in place by a fellow republican, that Chaffetz's followers seem to have loved, to make the USA more secure yet he is against it. I see no better way to prevent terrorists from causing more problems than making it near impossible to smuggle anything on an airplane. Sorry Jason.
4. I am hoping Jon Huntsman Jr tests the water as a republican candidate for the presidency. I'd much prefer him over the media darling of Utah Romney. I do not and never have like Romeny. I just hope he wouldn't blow it with a crazy pick from vice-president like McCain did.
5. Health Care Reform. Well I'm not liking what the democrats have on the table right now but let's be honest something isn't right with health care in the USA as it stands. Sadly the republicans and democrats are both to blame for the problems we have now. They have allowed the insurance companies to have free rein and the ability to corner the market in all ways that we are in big trouble. It's sad when an insurance company is allowed to dictate the low ball amount they will pay a doctor and be allowed to tell that doctor that cash paying (non insured people) can not have a bigger discount than 15%.
That's it for today.
Thank You for bacon
13 hours ago