Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Tuesday May 8

Well Nathan was pretty sick. He had strep throat. He's all recovered now, back to fighting his brothers and dogs. He's still on antibodics but he'll be fine. He also had his first nosebleed, which may I say was not a fun experience.

Noah and Zachary and doing well. Both have a slight cough but other than that they are fine.

I think homeschooling the boys is going to be the way we go. Don has really jumped on the bandwagon and I'm having fun researching now that I know he's willing to consider it. I've joined the local homeschool group for support and ideas. Right now we are homeschooling things he'd be learning in preschool and its going well. I take his led right now, if he asks for school time we have school time. We are also reading every night before bed, about 5-10 books and thats about 30-45 minutes. His really enjoying the books (and the twins do too sometimes) and some of the books he can say the words before I get to them. I also stop and let his finish the sentences. Its not that he can read the words but he knows them after one or two times of me reading to him.

His favorite books right now:
Where the wild things are
Don't let the pigeon drive the bus
There was an old lady who swallowed a fly

No comments: