Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Wednesday May 30

Nathan today asked about our dog Cedes. He wanted to know where she was. I explained to him that she died Sunday but he didn't really understand. He kept asking if we could go and get her. I finally told him that we buried her in the front yard and he freaked out wanting us to go dig her up. Hopefully he'll forget about it over the next few days. I've found it quite hard to talk to him about it without crying myself and that just makes him cry harder. Our dog lived a long good life with us. She would have been 19 years old in October. I have so many memories and I'm crying everytime I think of them still. I know in a few weeks it will be easier and maybe then I can share some of the memories.

Sunday we took the boys to the Day out with Thomas. Although they enjoyed the train ride I honestly don't think they realized they were riding Thomas. I wish we had arrived earlier so we could have explained a little better. However they did have fun and I'm glad we took them. I think the biggest hit of the day was meeting Sir Topham Hat. Oh my gosh the three boys kept waving and talking to him. In fact the last 2 days they've mentioned him. I can't wait for my sister to share the pictures with us and damn my camera still being broken and not having been fixed yet. Zachary really liked the little petting zoo they had and had to touch every animal that was in there. Noah and Nathan loved the maze and Nathan mentioned going back to do the maze again.

The last two days have been nervewacking with the boys. I've lost my temper with them I don't know how many times. We've torn another 2 library books and I think I'm not going to let them get library books anymore for awhile. The twins have decided not to take naps which is driving me nuts because they really need them. The dirt hole has been the biggest attraction and we've had to give baths the last three nights. Noah is dumping stuff out like crazy and we've lost so many of my spices and flour and stuff because of it.

No comments: