Wednesday, June 18, 2008

6/18

The kids are enjoying the summer reading program at the local library this summer. Sadly I had the days mixed up so we missed the puppet show. I know they kids would have loved that. Last week they did a bug concert and after the concert they made puppet bugs. The kids really enjoyed that. Yesterday they had Doodlebug art. The boys really enjoyed the learn to draw bugs part of the program. They watched and studied and drew just like the artist. While they enjoyed the pop up book storytime the actual making of a pop up book lost their interest. They also made a clay bug but again they didn't seem to enjoy that as much as the learning to draw. This is a great program and I highly recomend taking your kids to this program.
Tonight is Army Ants and Miss Utah will be at the Clearfield Library. I'm not taking the kids to this one but I bet it will be fun.
http://www.daviscountyutah.gov/library/kids/summer_reading_program/2008/default.cfm

2 comments:

Sherri said...

Thank you so much for mentioning this!! What a great idea!! Do you think my 2 1/2 year old would be ok going?

Norah said...

At the bug concert yes. The doodlebug art thing maybe but probably not as my three year olds lost interest. The army ants no, its a power point thing plus some exercise but I think the power point presentation will bore the younger kids. They have so many more and most are adaptable to the younger set. We can't wait for the magic show and the car bugs. Also the wild west show.