Saturday, June 9, 2007

Saturday June 9

The kids didn't go to sleep until after 1 a.m. last night. I'm not sure what time they fell asleep as I fell asleep before they did. I made them get up early this morning and they weren't too happy but thats what they get. No naps yet today, I am hoping they will go to bed early but its 8:15 p.m. and they are still running around.

For our workout today instead of going to the pool and gym we walked the path that I plan on walking during the week. Zachary walked the whole way but was so so slow. We let the boys play at the park and then went to the library where they acted like uncontrolled kids. Honestly I should not take the boys there anymore unless its just one of them. They love picking out videos and books but its too stressful with all three of them. We took them to Pace's for lunch so Nathan could have his favorite food- CORNDOGS.

I really need to get serious on the diet again. I'd really like to lose 25 lbs before the end of July.

Got this from a board I read on and found it interesting so I'm posting it here. I checked the book out from the library today and I am loving it. I think I may have to buy my own copy of the book.
Time has a really interesting photo essay showing what typical families around the world eat for a week... as well as the cost of food. I'm shocked by how much so many families spend on food... and in countries where I don't think the salaries are comparable to the U.S. I'm also shocked by how few fruits and veggies one sees in many of the pictures! You can see Coca-Cola in almost every one (except the rural families)... and Kellogg's cereal.
http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1626519,00.html

No comments: