Friday, October 31, 2008

10/30/08

I told my sister I would post about her "Spooktacular" event she planned and put together for the South Davis Recreation Center so here it goes:
This event is very similar to Clearfield City's Booanza event. I like the events at the Spooktacular more. Mainly because the games are more geared to younger kids. Now I'm not talking under the age of 3 but really any child from 3-12 would have fun at this event. Lots of fun Halloween themed games to play and everyone dresses up. If you haven't been make sure you give it a try next year.

Now on the update from this house. The kids are overly excited for Halloween. It's all they have talked about for oh about the last 21 days. Tomorrow is the big night and I hope it's all they hope it will be. Fun things mom has planned for the day:
Spider web obstacle course. Hopefully I wake up before the kids so I can get the web laid out so in order to leave the bedroom they will have to fight their way through a spider web.
Breakfast is going to be orange pumpkin pancakes.
Lunch will be mummy dogs and black mac and cheese.
After lunch we are going to bob for apples until day comes home.
I made caramel apples and used chocolate for a web design. I have some plastic spiders to add to the apples.
Dinner will be eyeballs (meatballs with green olives on them) on ants (rice). Along with mold stumps (stuffed mushrooms) and brains (a watermelon minus the rind and carve somewhat).
Trick or treating and then about a dozen Halloween books before bed.

1 comment:

fmandds said...

Seeing as how my sis didn't really get too much into the event, I will elaborate. We take a recreation center transform it into a halloween soiree for children. We have all sort of games; pumpkin puck shoot(Ice Rink), cat tail ring toss, wheel of misfortune, owl tree, spider smash, coffin plinko, and many many more. We also take a pool and make it into a canoe ride on a haunted swamp. The locker rooms become spook alleys. We have a mad scientist and a trick or treat lane. Its just all around fun for all ages and parents can enjoy their children having fun.