Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Homeschool Changes Art

Like science art has been ignored in our house. We are going to actually do art 3 times a week even if I have to literally drop other subjects to do it. I hated art when I was in school. I'm not nor ever was artistic in any way. I never developed a love for art and I don't want my kids to not enjoy art. I want them to experience the fun side of art and to develop an appreciation for fine art. So I've found a few things to help us on our journey through art.

How to Teach Art This is bare bones basic but I think it's a good place to start. It teaches lines, shapes, colors, and a few other elements. Nothing fancy but its the basics.
Art For All Seasons Again another basic art book but full of fun art ideas for the seasons and holidays.
Discovering Great Artists I bought this one. It's a little more in depth on different art styles and artists. I'm not sure if we will be using it this year. It almost seems a little harder than I am ready for but who knows we may end up using it and liking it.
Art Lab for Kids Seems to be very popular right now with the homeschooling crowd. I have not received my copy yet but I hope I like it better than the Great Artists.
Great American Artists for Kids
Smart About Art Series The link is for one book however there are many in the series. It introduces you to an artist and their works.
Art Explorers This has to be my favorite thing of the above books. This introduces you to a style of art and then has you create your own masterpieces using that style. So fun.
DickBlick My new favorite place to buy art supplies. Trust me if they don't have it you don't need it.
Katie Books I love these. They are books about a girl named Katie who plays around in some of the most famous paintings of all time. Seriously the paintings come to life for her and she learns about the paintings. So fun.
Art and Music Blog

No comments: