Monday, July 9, 2012

Homeschool Rooms

I never really thought I wanted a room dedicated to just school but as the kids have gotten older and we are getting into more schooling it's become necessary. Last year I cleaned out the "dump" room in the basement. Doesn't everyone have one? It's the room where everything you don't have a place for or you just don't want to deal with it goes. Seriously am I the only person with one? Well I cleaned it out and set it up in a way I thought would work by Christmas time we weren't using it. So I've been on the hunt for a perfect set up for us. It's a work in progress and when it's all done I promise I'll share pictures. However for now here is one spot I've been using for inspiration.

Btw I am a believer that you can school without the perfect room and homeschooling can take place anywhere in the house. However I'm not the perfect housecleaner nor am I an organized person. So for me the purpose of the school room is to have everything needed in one place, organized so it can be found, and to keep the main areas of our house clean. If we actually use the school room for schooling an added bonus. It's in the basement it gets cold down there in the winter. Hence the reason it was moved up stairs around the holidays. 

School Room Week
Homeschool Ideas
And pictures from where I set it up last year.








2 comments:

Lynette said...

I love the posters you have hanging up! I need some like that for math!

Norah said...

Lol the greater than and lesser than one is for me. I can't remember them. My kids know them though.